Every month according to the lunar calendar, the Sangha members of Namgyal Monastery perform a Mahakala Puja dedicated to the members, friends and all sentient beings.
Mahakala, a wrathful deity, is considered to be the fierce and powerful emanation of Avalokiteshvara, the bodhisattva of compassion. This tutelary deity is one of the Dharmapalas in Vajrayana Buddhism who defend the Dharma from corruption and degeneration and from forces hostile to it; to keep the site of the ritual free from impure thoughts and actions; to guide and protect the individual practitioner from all kinds of deception and delusion; bestow the power to overcome life struggles; and to eliminate one’s obstacles and impediment that hinders.
The benefits of performing white and black Mahakala puja can be enormous such as gaining numerous dharma merits. The mahakala puja has very powerful ability to command deities, ruler and powerful being of all the three realms. The Dakini at the heart of Mahakala invokes all the external materials prosperities and internal positive attainments of spiritual kind.
BENEFITS OF MAHAKALA PUJA:
- Constant supplies of worldly wealth
- Pacifying all illness, ngaga spirits, misfortune caused by male/female spirits
- Gain long life , good luck, freedom and honor
- Successful in career or business
The internal attainments such as:
- Wisdom, dispelling ignorance, anger, desirous attachment, arrogance, jealousy and miserliness.
- Remove all obstacles in one’s dharma path.
Note: If you wish to dedicate Mahakala puja or any other puja to your family, friends, or in the name of deceased person. Please write us in email@example.com
Glimpse of Puja